While wood stoves were once reserved for outdoor use, today’s indoor wood stoves are better than ever, with advanced ventilation systems, safety features, and an attractive and vintage look for a great addition in any home. Many homeowners still have their reservations about wood stove installation, but there is plenty you can do to make sure your unit continues to run efficiently and safely.
Work with 2nd Generation Chimneys, Inc. in order to make sure your new wood stove installation in Minneapolis goes smoothly and that your unit runs as safely and efficiently as possible.
Saving Money and Benefitting the Environment with Your Wood Stove
- Only Purchase Stoves Built after 1990: According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, stoves built before 1990 were 50% less efficient than modern EPA-approved stoves.
- Find Wood with a High Heat Value: The heat value of wood helps you to determine how efficiently it will burn, though you may be limited to a few specific types due to your location.
- Weatherize Your Home: Weatherizing your home by sealing any cracks and leaks helps monitor the indoor temperature and keeps you from running your stove for long periods of time.
- Only Allow Professionals to Service Your System: A professional knows where to install a system for peak efficiency as well as the proper maintenance and repair procedures.
Safety Tips for Wood Stoves
- Professional Service is Key: Again, one of the most important things you can do is choose professionals for installation, service, and yearly maintenance to keep everything running as safely as possible.
- Follow Manufacturer’s Instructions: Check your unit’s manual for the most accurate safety information or ask your technician for further advice.
- Burn Dry, Seasoned Wood: Wet wood cannot burn efficiently, and drier wood helps to protect against creosote, a buildup of which can be a fire hazard.
- Never Leave a Wood Stove Unattended: Always put out your wood stove before you leave the home to prevent the risk of fire.
We use industry standards for installation and ventilation and have years of experience with Minneapolis wood stove installation.
For professional service and more information about keeping your home safe, call 2nd Generation Chimneys, Inc. Call Us Today! 612.922.9600 or 1-888-PIXLEYS