Are you considering switching over to a gas-powered fireplace? If so, we look forward to working with you to get your new fireplace set up. Maybe, however, you have been going back and forth for a while and you still aren’t sure if a gas fireplace is going to be the best option for your home.
We love both wood-burning and gas-powered fireplaces so we can tell you that they both have their perks. With that said, we want to help you out by telling you about some of the great perks that you can enjoy when you switch to a gas fireplace. Below we have detailed some of the best things that we like about gas fireplaces so you can get a better idea of whether or not this system is a good fit for you.
3 Gas Fireplace Perks
Gas fireplaces are great additions to your home, whether you are adding them to a house that already had a fireplace or not. Here are some perks of this warming home addition that we think you should know about.
- Better energy efficiency and more even heating. Gas fireplaces rely on a steady flow of natural gas to create the fire you can looking for. What this means is that there is improved energy efficiency as most of the fuel source converts to warmth and less to waste. Along with this, because you won’t have to worry about burning up and replenishing wood, you’ll be able to enjoy more consistent heat.
- Increased safety and convenience. With a gas fireplace, you won’t have to worry about keeping up a stock of wood or having to constantly run out to buy logs. Additionally, no wood means less debris and soot, no sparks or embers, and much better safety for you and your home.
- Adaptable fireplace options. You have options when it comes to installing a gas fireplace so whether you have a fireplace already or not you won’t be limited. Your gas fireplace options include:
- Gas log installs: Gas logs are a great option if you already have a wood-burning fireplace and want to make a quick switch-over. A technician will set up a stack of ceramic gas logs with a burner that sits in your fireplace. While these aren’t the best for heating, they are very aesthetically pleasing.
- Gas fireplace inserts: Gas inserts are another option for those individuals who already have a wood-burning fireplace. Inserts involve the installation and retrofitting of a new gas fireplace into the spot where the fireplace and chimney already are.
- Built-ins: Last but not least, you have the option for a built-in gas fireplace. A built-in can go somewhere that a fireplace already was, or you can set it up to be a new addition elsewhere in the home because it doesn’t require a pre-existing chimney to operate. While this is the priciest option it is also the best in terms of heating.
If you are hoping to switch to a gas fireplace in the near future, make sure that your schedule your gas fireplace installation in Minneapolis with our team of professionals. We’ve been serving the Twin Cities area since 2001 and we look forward to continuing our work for years to come.